Friday, October 26, 2007

Where do you go to be fed? That question was asked of me by a close freind. Well...last week at a retreat up the California coast near Santa Maria...Jocko's did! If you're anywhere near Nipomo, you must! Great steaks with all the fixings and just a great, fun place. It reminds me of something I'd find back home in South Texas.

Of course I know that my friend was referring to spiritual nourishment. Where do we go to be fed? A great question that demands a great answer. All of us, especially us leaders who are accustomed to being the chef and waiter must have a place(s) we frequent to be fed ourselves. My usual favorits fall into my 4 basic food groups (books, cd's, radio, television). I was challenged and encouraged not to forget what else is out there...I'll call this the exotic (friends, church services, seminars, retreats, revivals, etc).

The last two weeks have been very good to me in terms of feedings. I was really hungy and to be quiet honest slightly, ok, moderately malnourished.
So how 'bout you? Hungry? Pull yourself up to the table!

No comments: