Thursday, June 12, 2008

If you're not from out here, then you just might not understand the 'buzz' in the city of Los Angeles surrounding this great championship series with the Celtics. But it's big! Everyone is talking about it. TV is full of it. There's nothing like it right now. The city is stirred and moved...it's shaking with optimism, hope and comradery.
Irregardless of the outcome, the current 'stir' in LA will eventually fade. There is another movement that hasn't faded, been overturned, out-worked or forgotten. Matthew 21:10 "And when He had come into Jerusalem, all the city was moved, saying, "Who is this?" The word moved in the original is seio which is the root from which we get seismos = earthquake. There is one champion that continues to 'move' masses and HE will never be dethroned. He was the 'buzz' then and will continues to be and 'move' us as we remember who He is!
Go Lakers!
Go Jesus!

2 comments:

TamlaPowers said...

Dear Mike and Sara:

What a surprise to see you. I work for a International Company and was doing some online research for a customer by the name of Miguel Hinosia, and there you were.

You were my next door neighbors in Springfield Missouri at CBC. I owned a very large dog which loved to drool on your steaks while you grilled! It is so wonderful to see you both and your family is wonderful.

God Bless you and the amazing work you are doing.

Tami (McGeorge) Powers

Angela Masbruch said...

Pastor Mike,

You were my youth pastor years ago in Austin Texas. My name then was Angela Woodard. You just popped into my head today and so I thought I would google you and your family to see if I could find what you were up to. Its good to see your faces. Your family is beautiful!